Spread your wings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to English-learners and their teachers

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a little help for the (would-be) moderators

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The eye
Admin
Admin
The eye

a little help for the (would-be) moderators Empty
PostSubject: a little help for the (would-be) moderators   a little help for the (would-be) moderators EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 pm

What is a moderator?
On every forum, a moderator is someone who gives advice to the members, who corrects their mistakes if there are big problems by editing their posts, and more generally someone who checks if the rules of the forum are respected by all the members.

How to moderate?
The colors used for moderation are red and orange. The mistakes (grammatical, spelling etc) will be corrected in orange. To give an advertisement to a member (for lack or respect, of seriousness, of politeness and courtesy), the moderators will use red.

You can modify a post by editing it, click on 'edit' in the post you want to modify. Don't forget to send the post!
If a post is really offensive or insulting, you must send me a PM (if I haven't moderated yet!) and you should delete it (Please, copy the post in the PM). To delete a post, click on the cross next to 'edit'.
If needs be, I can ban any member who would not respect the rules, so if there's any problem, please let me know about it.

Now, you can also change the subjects (the 'titles') of the topics if they're not clear enough. To do so, edit the first post of the topic, then delete the subject and rewrite it. Then, send the post again.

To help you!
Feel free to ask me any questions about moderation here! I'd be happy to help you Very Happy
If you don't know how to do something precise or have any doubt, send me a PM and I'll answer it as fast as possible!
Waste time by viewing the posts written since your last visit!
Click on 'view post since last visit':
a little help for the (would-be) moderators Viewpy0
On the home page, under the Spread your Wings logo Wink
Back to top Go down
https://spreadyourwings.forumotion.com

a little help for the (would-be) moderators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spread your wings :: General rules :: teachers' corner-
Jump to: